Having squirrels in your attic can be a nuisance and can cause damage to your property. If you’re dealing with squirrel infestation issues in Clayton, NC, Freedom Wildlife Solutions is here to help. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll provide you with valuable insights and techniques to effectively catch squirrels in your attic. Our wildlife removal experts have years of experience in handling squirrel problems and can ensure a prompt and humane resolution.
Understanding Squirrels in the Attic
Squirrels, including the gray squirrel and fox squirrel, are agile climbers that often seek shelter in attics[^1]. Attics provide squirrels with warmth, protection, and a suitable nesting environment. Unfortunately, their presence can lead to various issues, including chewed wiring, holes in insulation, and damage to stored items.
Identifying Squirrel Infestation
To confirm a squirrel infestation in your attic, look out for the following signs:
- Scratching or scampering sounds coming from the attic
- Droppings or urine stains
- Chewed wires, insulation, or stored items
- Squirrel nests or food hoarding evidence
If you notice any of these signs, it’s essential to take action promptly to prevent further damage.
The Importance of Professional Assistance
While there are various do-it-yourself methods available for catching squirrels, seeking professional assistance from a wildlife removal company like Freedom Wildlife Solutions can ensure the most effective and efficient resolution. Our trained experts have the necessary knowledge, tools, and experience to handle squirrel infestations safely and humanely.
Methods for Catching Squirrels
Freedom Wildlife Solutions employs humane techniques to catch squirrels and relocate them to suitable habitats. Some of the methods we utilize include:
- Live Trapping: Live traps are specifically designed to safely catch squirrels without harming them. Our experts strategically place the traps in your attic, bait them with squirrel-friendly baits like nuts or fruits, and closely monitor them to ensure the captured squirrels are released safely away from your property.
- One-Way Exit Devices: One-way exit devices are installed over the entry points squirrels use to get into your attic. These devices allow squirrels to leave your attic but prevent them from re-entering. Once all the squirrels have exited, the entry points are sealed off permanently.
Prevention and Exclusion Techniques
Preventing future squirrel infestations is paramount to ensure the long-term integrity of your home. Freedom Wildlife Solutions can help you identify and implement exclusion measures to keep squirrels out of your attic. Some effective techniques include:
- Sealing Entry Points: Identifying and sealing off any gaps or openings through which squirrels can access your attic is crucial. Our wildlife removal experts will conduct a thorough inspection of your property and utilize materials like steel mesh or hardware cloth to seal entry points securely.
- Habitat Modification: Making your property less attractive to squirrels can discourage them from entering your attic. Freedom Wildlife Solutions can provide recommendations on trimming tree branches, removing bird feeders, and securing outdoor garbage cans to minimize squirrel activity.
- Insulation Replacement: If squirrels have damaged the insulation in your attic, replacing it is necessary to maintain energy efficiency while preventing squirrel re-entry. Our experts can help you choose the most suitable insulation options for your needs.
Dealing with squirrels in the attic can be challenging, but with the assistance of a trusted wildlife removal company like Freedom Wildlife Solutions, you can ensure a safe and successful resolution. Our team of experts will employ humane techniques and provide preventive measures to keep your attic squirrel-free. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and let us help you reclaim your attic space.